Tuesday, October 13, 2009

the modern cinderella

Find me on Polyvore
I am super excited about the romantic princess sleeves that have been popping up on jackets and gowns all over the place recently. This polyvore collection is an ode to the Balmain jacket that I am completely obsessed with! I love how romantic and feminine a sleek black blazer can look while maintaining its edgy-ness.

Ever since I was a young girl, I've loved this Cinderella/Sleeping Beauty-esque sleeve from the very first time I watched the Disney movies, so I thought it fitting to call it the Modern Cinderella, appealing to that desire within every girl to be exalted out of their life and into a dream world of becoming a princess. I guess this is how I would describe/express my interpretation of the modern princess--the princess inside of all of us (without getting too cheesy on you, but...) who works hard, is active, social, and always fashionable--this is her perfect blazer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Creative Commons License
Un-Daily Thoughts: By Lauren by Lauren Hanson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.