Wednesday, July 29, 2009

my home design #1

One of my friends recently asked me what my home/design/decor style was...and I couldn't really articulate it--I feel like it varies based on what space I would be living in.  So I've begun a small series of my home inspirations, basically themes I like for where/how I want to live--once I can afford it.

Dream home pictures #1: Inspiration: Lofts...I love lofts with their huge spaces and vaulted ceilings and the idea of a huge blank canvas to build in walls wherever you want.  I love the huge windows and tons of light...and the juxtaposition of the smooth pillars, wood floors, and white walls verses the rustic brick walls and natural wood beams--I LOVE texture.  I also love the industrial ceilings where you can see all the electrical stuff*(technical word) and vents, etc.  Old town here I come...someday....close enough to the beach and yet, I'll get the NY lofty feel that I love.  In general, I love anything oversized, maybe because of my obsession with Alice in Wonderland, tangent, but anything humungous: a big mirror, huge painting, huge beams, a huge clock--I just think it looks neat, especially in such a vast space.  

Also, in general I have a pretty clean and simple approach to decor.  I don't like a lot of stuff(junk); it makes me feel claustrophobic.  I like pieces that make a statement or have a story (ie. huge/vintage).   




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Creative Commons License
Un-Daily Thoughts: By Lauren by Lauren Hanson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.