Friday, June 5, 2009

Salute to the Handsfree-Talker and Walker

Okay, so most people are generally annoyed by the "Hands-free talker and walker" who appears to be a crazy person talking to themselves and gesticulating to the air.  I find myself diligently searching for their tiny earpiece sometimes hidden by their hair to confirm...yes this is a normal person on their hands-free device talking to another human verses a crazy person or an alien that I should be wary of.  This morning I was pleasantly entertained by a hands-free-talker-woman at Starbucks who could have been uprooted and placed in a lecture hall or a at a podium giving some political speech and you would never have known the difference based on her air-preaching.  If there was a competition for hands-free talking, I would definitely nominate her.  The two minutes of waiting for my coffee was definitely an entertaining experience--I was captured and convinced of whatever she was talking about.  So, thank you hands-free-talker-walker-woman. 

6 comments:

  1. I just wanted to take this opportunity to be the first to comment on your blog. Welcome! We are happy to have you. And since I really have nothing to say about the Handsfree talker/walker you get a fun fact.

    Did you know that woman blink nearly twice as much as men?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These hands-free-talker-walkers are all over the airports and super annoying! They never walk in a straight line.
    But my theory is, there is now more crazy people among us, because the insane asylums just give them hands-free- devices and then they look normal talking to themselves at any volume in public....

    ReplyDelete
  3. on another level... i really don't like standing next to a handsfree talker/walker at the urinal... first of all I get instantly nervous that someone is trying to talk to me while I am going to the bathroom..(instant fear ...) Then I realize they are talking to themselves... or worse.. who wants to be the recipient of that phone call of someone going to the bathroom?

    And Carrie.... Good point.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Creative Commons License
Un-Daily Thoughts: By Lauren by Lauren Hanson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.